About the Artist
In the vibrant arts community of Olympia, I have found joy for more than forty years creating, teaching, administrating, and volunteering as a supporter of the arts.
Certain media grab me and won’t let go. I have been under the spell of copper since 2006. Using a photo-etching process, my photos and drawings are transferred to, and etched into, copper sheets. Patinas are achieved primarily with heat. It is a long and laborious process using a medium at top price, with results uncertain and problem solving continual. And yet, I love it. I am an enchanted servant of this medium. Sometimes I etch a single design. Usually I combine multiple images into “Copper Quilts”.
- Installed January 2014, Multi-Care, Tacoma General Hospital, William Philip Lobby, Commissioned Column Wraps, Tacoma, Washington
[watch a video highlighting this installation]
- Ongoing Displays in Olympia Galleries—
- Childhood’s End Gallery, 222 4th Ave W, Olympia
- Art House Designs, 420 Franklin St, Olympia
- April 2014, Splash Art Show, Harbor History Museum, Gig Harbor, Washington
- August 1-31, 2013, Solo Show, Dino’s Coffee Bar, 1822 Harrison Ave. NW, Olympia, Washington
- August 2-31, 2013, 15th Annual Port Townsend Juried Art Show, Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, Washington
- July 20-August 25, 2013, 14th Annual Juried Maritime Art Exhibition, Harbor History Museum, Gig Harbor, Washington
- Oct. 5-6, 2012, Drees, ArtsWalk, Olympia
- Sept-Oct. 2012, Washington Center for the Performing Arts (WCPA), Centerfest/ArtsWalk, Olympia
- June 2012, Batdorf and Bronson, Olympia
- February/March 2012, “Precious Metals” group show, Gallery Plan B, Washington D.C.
- January 2012-May 2013, Featured Artist, Earthenworks, Port Townsend
- December 2011, Holiday Show, Gallery Plan B, Washington D.C.
- October/November 2011, Childhood’s End Gallery, ArtsWalk & 40th Anniversary
- September/October 2011, Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 26 Feet of Art
- April 2011, Olympia Spring ArtsWalk, Art House Designs
- March 2011–Selected for permanent placement, Olympia New City Hall, one of four selected from submissions of completed work by 56 Olympia artists
- September/October 2010, WCPA, 25 Feet of Art
- July/August 2010, Snohomish County Arts juried show, Art of the Garden, Everett
- April 2010, Olympia Spring ArtsWalk, 510 Interiors
- September/October 2009, WCPA, ArtsFest and Arts Walk
- April 2008, WCPA, ArtsWalk, Group show in Black Box, Metal Arts from South Sound Community College Continuing Education
- July-August 2008, Snohomish County Arts Council juried show, Everett, WA
- November 2007 –April 2008, Bainbridge Island Arts and Crafts, juried
- July 2007, Minneart Center for the Arts, SPSCC, Invitational
- September 2006 –October 2007, SPSCC, solo show by invitation